Burj Khalifa Fun Facts that It seems this year was the year for us to visit some of the world’s record setters like the world’s largest pumpkin festival, the world’s northernmost city, and the world’s largest wine barrel. So it should be no surprise that standing on the observation deck of the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building, was also onour bucket list. Not only is the Burj Khalifa the world’s tallest building, it impressively breaks several other records. Here are 10 fun facts about the Burj Khalifa we learned on our visit:
1. The Burj Khalifa stands at 828 meters (2,716.5 feet) tall, soaring over Dubai. It’s three times as tall as the Eiffel Tower and nearly twice as tall as the Empire State Building. Laid end to end, it pieces stretch over a quarter of the way around the world.
2. Burj Khalifa Fun Facts Aside from holding the World Record for being the tallest building in the world, Burj Khalifa holds six other World Records: tallest freestanding structure in the world, highest number of stories in the world, highest occupied floor in the world, highest outdoor observation deck in the world, elevator with longest travel distance in the world, and tallest service elevator in the world.
3. The weight of the concrete is equivalent to 100,000 elephants. The total weight of aluminum used on Burj Khalifa is equivalent to that of five A380 aircraft.
4. Every year 15 million gallons of water are collected sustainably.
5. It has the longest single running elevator, which is 140 floors. The elevators go 10 meters per second and are among the fastest in the world. It took us approximately only one minute to reach the observation deck on the 124th floor Burj Khalifa Fun Facts.
6. The tip of the sphere of the Burj Khalifa can be seen up to 95 kilometers away.
7. At the peak of construction, 12,000 workers worked on the building per day.
8. It took more than 110,000 tons of concrete, 55,000 tons of steel rebar, and 22 million man-hours to complete the Burj Khalifa.
9. Excavation began in January 2004. Six years later, the Burj Khalifa finally opened in January 2010 Burj Khalifa Fun Facts.
10. Burj Khalifa is designed to resemble the Hymenocallis flower; the central core emerges at the top and culminates in a sculpted spire.
Source : Link